Put your problem solving skills to work. Join the Maintenance & Engineering team in Yellowstone National Park!
The Engineering department is on the front end of a 20-year concessions contract with the National Park Service. Yellowstone National Park Lodges serves approximately 4 million visitors yearly, 3500 employees in park housing, 2000 guest rooms, and 1200 campsites. There are nearly 800 structures under our care throughout Yellowstone including a new LEED Platinum dormitory and 2 National Historic Landmarks in the Old Faithful Inn and Lake Yellowstone Hotel. Learn more about the Maintenance and Engineering department.
When applying for a maintenance job, please indicate which position(s) you are interested in:
- Performs repair and maintenance for all Coca-Cola owned fountain systems in use at Xanterra owned facilities parkwide.
- Operate, maintain, and repair of all boilers and boiler related systems.
- Assure all components and infrastructures of commercial kitchens and HVAC equipment parkwide is maintained in good operating condition.
Laundry Maintenance Technician
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain industrial laundry equipment and the associated building mechanical and electrical systems.
Fire Alarm Systems Technician
- Complete all planned and scheduled fire sprinkler system work orders, ensuring quality of work, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Provide general maintenance skills necessary for repair and maintenance of facility-related assets.
- Perform carpentry assessments, preventative maintenance, and repairs/replacements of new and/or existing building systems.
- Coordinate the proper operation and maintenance of all assigned electrical systems on location.
- Maintain and repair location lock systems, including key and electronic systems.
- Perform plumbing assessments, preventative maintenance, and the repair/replacement of new and/or existing plumbing systems.
- Implement the planned and scheduled workload, material procurement, and equipment for interior and exterior paint/stain tasks as assigned.
Heavy Equipment – Class A CDL
- Proficiently operate loaders, skid steer loaders, backhoe loaders, dump trucks, snow blowers, and other equipment common to the trade, including shovels, rakes, tampers, etc.
- Accurately and efficiently process orders for maintenance personnel.
- Position Type: Seasonal (April-October)
- Start Date: April 2020
- Schedule: Varies – ~40+ hours per week
- Location: Throughout Yellowstone National Park
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Candidates should have some sort of professional and/or educational training related to the position in which he/she is applying.
- Positions require that a candidate is at least 19 years old, has a valid U.S. driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Some positions require DOT Physicals.
- Some Positions require a Class A CDL.
- Most positions require Respiratory Fit Testing.
What We Provide
- Simple living in the world’s first National Park with low-cost housing (dormitory style), meals (cafeteria style), and Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, biking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, educational programs, film series, sports competitions, and more!)
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
See Yourself Here
Connect with Us!