Park-Wide Boiler Technician (Year Round) Yellowstone National Park, Wy
Yellowstone National Park Lodges is now hiring for a Park-Wide Boiler Technician!
The Park-wide Boiler Technician is a full-time, year-round, FLSA non-exempt position located Yellowstone National Park. This position reports directly to the Maintenance and Operations Manager – Facilities. The Park-Wide Boiler Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of steam and hot water boilers located within Xanterra land assignments in Yellowstone National Park. This position does not include company housing.
What You Are Looking For
Are you interested in working and living in Yellowstone National Park? Are you drawn to the unique challenges of working in a remote location? Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
Equal Employment Opprtunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
1. Responsible for the operation and maintenance of steam and hot water boilers located within Xanterra land assignments in Yellowstone National Park.
2. Ensure that all boiler plants are operating safely, are in good working condition and remain in compliance with current health and safety regulations.
3. Responsible for chemical testing required in order to maintain proper chemical balance in boiler systems.
4. Responsible for keeping all boiler plants operational to meet the needs of company operations.
5. Accountable for materials used and ordering items needed per company procedures and documentation in the computerized maintenance system (CMMS).
6. Responsible for inventory and assistance with annual audit review.
7. Review and comment on plans and drawings to assist in choosing equipment that will meet the needs and requirements of boiler plants and systems.
8. Responsible for adherence to Xanterra’s Ecologix program.
9. Assists with applicant interviews and selection processes. Provides technical training and oversight for all location boiler technicians.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Must possess an applicable, valid, boiler operator’s license.
2. Must possess the knowledge of operation and design of boilers and related equipment, as well as proper maintenance and preventative maintenance procedures.
3. Must comply with all current related safety and health requirements.
4. Able to read, understand and comply with all current company policies and procedures.
5. Must be able to differentiate colors required for boiler water testing.
6. Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record for the past 3 years.
1. This position may require the use of respiratory protection and will require compliance with applicable regulations.
2. Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
3. Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
4. Must possess physical stamina and condition to withstand heavy labor related work in an outside environment
5. Standing, bending, kneeling, crawling, for extended periods of time is required.
The Parkwide Boiler Technician has the authority and is required to:
1. Stop work whenever unsafe work practices or conditions are observed.
2. Promote Company sustainability initiatives by preventing any negative impacts to the environment and incorporating best management practices.