Park-Wide Fuel Systems Technician - Year Round - Yellowstone National Park, Wy
Yellowstone National Park Lodges is now hiring for a Park-wide Fuel Systems Technician!
The Park-Wide Fuel Systems Technician is a full-time, year-round position located Yellowstone National Park. This position reports directly to the Maintenance and Operations Manager - Facilities. This position is responsible for ensuring the proper operation and maintenance of all fuel monitoring, delivery and storage systems under Xanterra responsibility within Yellowstone National Park.
What You Are Looking For
Are you interested in working and living in Yellowstone National Park? Are you drawn to the unique challenges of working in a remote location? Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
Equal Employment Opprtunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
1. Ensuring the proper operation and maintenance of all fuel monitoring, delivery and storage systems under Xanterra responsibility within Yellowstone National Park (YNP).
2. To monitor storage tank levels and facilitate fuel ordering and delivery schedules.
3. Ensure that the fuel components of all diesel and propane fired equipment is in proper operating condition, including preventive maintenance, inspection, and quality control.
4. Manage and document inspection and testing procedures to ensure that all diesel, unleaded, fuel oil and LP tanks and tank farms meet and remain in compliance with laws, regulations and current codes.
5. Develop and maintain opening and closing procedures for all assigned equipment.
6. Develop and assist with training location maintenance personnel for the proper operation and troubleshooting of diesel and propane fired equipment.
7. Maintain detailed maintenance records including labor and materials expended and document in the CMMS.
8. Ensure that all installations and repairs, whether in-house or contracted, meet all current codes, standards and specifications.
9. Advise and coordinate long-range planning of projects and tasks with the Engineering management team.
10. Responsible for performing construction plan reviews and inspections during installations and represent the Facilities Division as a liaison with other departments, outside service contractors, consultants and the National Park Service.
11. Responsible for performing all fuel system line locates as requested parkwide.
12. Responsible for compliance with Xanterra’s Our Softer Footprint Program.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Must have or possess the ability to obtain within 60 days of employment:
a. Certification for above-ground and below-ground ASME Piping/Container Installation
b. Certification for Regulator Performance
c. Line Locator certification
d. Must have certification in leak checking and system performance
e. Certification for Cathodic Protection Training and Testing
f. Montana and Wyoming UST/AST Class A/B Tank Operator
g. OSHA 24-hour HAZWOPER Certification
2. Working knowledge of relevant National Codes and OSHA.
3. Knowledge of materials and equipment common to the trade and the use of test equipment.
4. Must possess the analytical ability required to perform (for fuel related components) predictive, scheduled and emergency maintenance for all diesel and LP fired equipment and appliances.
5. Strong technical reading, writing and organizational skills.
6. Must be able to facilitate group training for safety, operation of equipment, and quality control.
7. Must be at least 21 years old and possess a current, valid driver’s license a good driving record for the past 3 years.
8. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision.
9. Must possess the interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate at all levels, especially training.
1. Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
2. Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
3. Must possess physical stamina and condition to withstand heavy labor related work in an outside environment.
4. Must be able to stand, bend, kneel and crawl for consistent long periods of time.
1. Able to suspend work in accordance with OSHA regulations
2. Promote Xanterra Company sustainability initiatives by preventing any negative impacts to the environment and incorporating best management practices.