Position requires a valid Arizona Driver’s License. Must possess a (Class B) Arizona Commercial Driver’s License and be able to comply with the Xanterra/GCR Company Vehicle Policy
Comply with FRA/ACC requirements, along with 49 CFR parts 214 Roadway Worker Safety, part 219 Drug & Alcohol Testing, and part 237 Bridge Safety Program.
- Previous railroad experience.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications--both general and technical)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Works safely and efficiently to ensure company equipment is safely secured at all times.
- Wear protective equipment such as hard hat, hearing protection, respiratory protection, safety-toe boots and safety glasses as required by the job duties.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work
- Complete all required annual training and routine efficiency testing (49 CFR 217.9). Maintenance of Way Operating Rules, GCR Roadway Worker Protection On-Track Safety Program as an Employee In Charge. All programs and certifications must be achieved within six months of the candidates hire date.
- Comply with random testing for drugs and/or alcohol
- Must pass all required assessments
- Work outside in all weather conditions, , and on occasion at elevated heights.
- May be exposed to fumes, oils, dust on a daily basis
- Heavy work, lifting and pulling up to 100 pounds and the use of hydraulic and hand tools
- Stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb on a regular basis.
- Walking long distances over uneven terrain
- Must meet auditory and visual acuity/tracking/inspection thresholds.
- Exposure to equipment that intensifies the heat, noise and dust factors on an occasional basis