Join the Reservations team as a seasonal supervisor!
What We Are Looking For
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to help guests find their ultimate Yellowstone experience—all while working to protect and preserve the park for future generations. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
What You Are Looking For
- Are you interested in working, living, and being an ambassador in Yellowstone National Park?
- Are you looking to make friends with people from all over the world?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you looking to gain experience in tourism & hospitality operations
- Are you enthusiastic about Xanterra’s sustainability initiatives?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, a job in Yellowstone is ideal for you!
We have immediate openings available for the 2019 season. Ideally, you will be available to work a full season (now through October 2019). If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal (ideally full season or early/late season)
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
- Perks include:
- Low-cost housing (dormitory style) and meals (cafeteria style) provided
- Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, biking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, educational programs, film series, sports competitions, and more!)
- Exclusive discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Living in the world’s first National Park
A Day in the Life
We operate 9 lodging facilities, 31 restaurants, and 5 campgrounds inside Yellowstone National Park. Our team members play an integral role in continuing the daily operation of our park.
- Participate in development and training opportunities that are offered based on performance interests and aptitude and consistent with department goals.
- Promote the skill development of Sales Agents by communicating opportunities offered, making recommendations based on performance, interests, and aptitude of Agents, and leading and assisting in training and development sessions with Agents when needed.
- Coach seasonal staff when necessary by monitoring, reviewing, and offering constructive feedback regarding job performance, in an effort to facilitate exceptional guest service. Documenting in employee files as appropriate.
- Support Sales Agents in their efforts to achieve our team booking goals.
- Conduct team meetings on a regular basis. Utilize the department communication boards, online manual, LMS messaging, and other effective communication tools when necessary to communicate information and updates to the staff.
- Be visible, approachable, engaging, and proactive in assisting agents with difficult calls and answering questions.
- Resolve guest and employee issues when possible, seeking guidance from a manager when needed.
- Answer booking questions and resolve booking errors for other departments, redirecting to the appropriate party when needed. Share patterns of commonly asked questions with the employee’s department support staff to ensure proper training is available.
- Monitor the GNAV ACD managing the phone queue, addressing guest call/hold times and Agents statuses appropriately when needed.
- Develop and continue to enhance your own knowledge of Yellowstone National Park, facilities, and services, to share with staff and guests.
- Ensure that reports and checklist tasks are completed within the established time frames and that reservation confirmations are reviewed and emailed in a timely manner.
- Provide back-up assistance to the Master Reservations’ Agents.
- Maintain a professional and positive demeanor, and promote a guest service focused environment. Lead by example, adhering to company and office policies and procedures, treating others with respect.
- Lead, organize, promote and participate in department related-activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintains safe facilities; completes required NPS/Corporate safety programs and inspections. Provides necessary review; accident investigation, and follow up. Aware of the company “Ecologix” program and is conscientious of own actions in improving the environment.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
Candidates interested in Reservations Supervisor in Yellowstone are drawn to the unique opportunity to work in the world’s first national park. You should be enthusiastic about our sustainability initiatives and mission to provide ‘legendary hospitality with a softer footprint’.
- Leadership skills
- Welcoming, approachable, empathetic, and willing to patiently answer repetitive questions
- Converse clearly and coherently in English
- Converse with guests and co-workers in a professional and tactful manner
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively operate and/or quickly learn the following Xanterra systems: AS400 booking system, Kronos payroll system, ACD phone system, GNAV
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What We Believe
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.