Join our team as a Location Trainer in Yellowstone National Park!
The Location Trainer will act as a key player in connecting employees with Yellowstone by managing the location universal training and onboarding process for all arriving staff and delivering a professional and enthusiastic welcome to Yellowstone, Xanterra, and their individual property.
What We Are Looking For
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to help guests find their ultimate Yellowstone experience—all while working to protect and preserve the park for future generations. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
What You Are Looking For
- Are you interested in working, living, and being an ambassador in Yellowstone National Park?
- Are you looking to make friends with people from all over the world?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you looking to gain experience in tourism & hospitality operations
- Are you enthusiastic about Xanterra’s sustainability initiatives?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, a job in Yellowstone is ideal for you!
We have immediate openings available for the 2019 season. Ideally, you will be available to work a full season (now through October 2019). If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: April 2019
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal (ideally full season or early/late season)
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
- Perks include:
- Low-cost housing (dormitory style) and meals (cafeteria style) provided
- Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, biking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, educational programs, film series, sports competitions, and more!)
- Exclusive discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Living in the world’s first National Park
A Day in the Life
We operate 9 lodging facilities, 31 restaurants, and 5 campgrounds inside Yellowstone National Park. Our team members play an integral role in continuing the daily operation of our park. The Location Trainer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Facilitate Intro to Management classes at least weekly when needed to ensure the smooth onboarding of employees to YNPL management programs.
- Drive exemplary guest service on property and perform all training and reporting duties related to line employee and supervisory guest service training.
- Establish positive working relationships with department managers; helping to create and maintain a sense of partnership in providing the best possible employee and guest experiences by connecting employees with the goal, the park, and each other.
- Regularly observe internal/external guest interactions to gauge employee engagement and adherence to Legendary Hospitality expectations. Attend all weekly department manager meetings to discuss items related to such observations.
- Perform all administrative functions to ensure employee training, scheduling, attendance, pay, and certification records are timely and accurate. Provide weekly metrics reports of learning transfer survey metrics and curriculum completion by employee to the L&D Director and Area Manager.
- Identify key indicators of learning transfer and track them throughout the season to identify areas of opportunity & success.
- Escalate concerns and opportunities for improvement voiced by class participants to property HR and Operational managers.
- Model Legendary Hospitality at all times when dealing with internal/external guests.
- Assist with orientation and universal training at other properties as needed during openings or other periods of need.
- Update and track all learning activity in the LMS system.
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
Candidates interested in Location Trainer in Yellowstone are drawn to the unique opportunity to work in the world’s first national park. You should be enthusiastic about our sustainability initiatives and mission to provide ‘legendary hospitality with a softer footprint’. Candidates should possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Ability to teach, motivate and develop line staff and managers in seasonal hospitality operations.
- Project management skills and ability to drive program engagement.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to think clearly under pressure and respond accordingly.
- Ability to deal with all co-workers, guests and employees professionally with the goal of providing Legendary Hospitality to internal and external guests.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures helpful.
What We Believe
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.