Yellowstone National Park is now hiring for a Park-wide Kitchen Equipment Technician!
The Park-wide Kitchen Equipment Technician is a full-time, year-round position located in the Mammoth Hot Springs area of Yellowstone National Park. To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
This position is responsible for assisting maintenance crews and kitchen staff at all Xanterra-operated locations throughout Yellowstone National Park
A Day in the Life of a Park-wide Kitchen Equipment Technician
- Overseeing kitchen equipment start-up and lay-up at all seasonally operated facilities.
- Developing and continuously improving/ updating preventative maintenance procedures for kitchen equipment.
- Training location Maintenance staffs in the proper accomplishment of kitchen equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
- Developing and continuously improving / updating kitchen equipment operating procedures
- Training both the Maintenance and the Food & Beverage (F&B) staffs in the proper operation of Kitchen equipment.
- Developing and continuously improving / updating repair part inventory requirements for kitchen equipment.
- Ensuring kitchen equipment installations, repairs and replacements are accomplished in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- Documenting kitchen equipment assets, maintenance requirements, and the labor/ material used to complete maintenance and repairs in the company’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Providing recommendations for kitchen equipment replacements to Engineering and F&B department directors and their staffs.
- Providing on-site oversight of contractors performing kitchen equipment related maintenance, repairs and installations.
- Reviewing kitchen project designs and construction drawings for code compliance, operability, maintainability, and cost effectiveness.
- Assisting location Maintenance Managers in the evaluation of candidates for location Kitchen Equipment Technician positions and in the training of the location Kitchen Technicians after they have been hired.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
What You Are Looking For
Are you interested in working and living in Yellowstone National Park? Are you drawn to the unique challenges of working in a remote location? Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- A working knowledge of the National Electric Code, National Plumbing Code, NSF Sanitation Code, and OSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of materials, tools and test equipment common to the electrical, HVAC&R and plumbing trades.
- Practical experience in electric control circuits, and in the repair/maintenance of mechanical equipment. Experience with commercial kitchen equipment and systems is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, including experience in the operation and maintenance of complex equipment or systems in multiple geographic locations.
- A desire and ability to train less experienced technicians and operators.
- A working knowledge of common computer software including the Microsoft Office suite.
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
Equal Employment Opprtunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.