Yellowstone National Park is now hiring for a year-round Cyclic Project Manager!
The Cyclic Project Manager is a full-time, year-round position located in the Mammoth Hot Springs area of Yellowstone National Park. To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
This position is responsible for coordinating cyclic flooring and painting tasks.
A Day in the Life of a Cyclic Project Manager
- Responsible for coordinating cyclic flooring and painting tasks. To include but not limited to:
- Develop “Scope of Work” as necessary.
- Ensure hazardous material testing has been completed and results shared with contractor prior to work beginning.
- Schedule abatement as needed when scope of work may impact hazardous materials.
- Obtains bids and/or cost estimates.
- Develop contracts for all contractors, suppliers, vendors or consultants.
- Conduct work inspections at active sites to ensure quality workmanship, contract, health and safety compliance
- Review and approve all invoices and pay applications for payment.
- Coordinates housing and meals for crews.
- Facilitates pre-bid, Owner and other meetings as necessary.
- Reviews submittals and distributes for review and/or approval as necessary.
- Conduct visual assessment of properties, work with all Xanterra departments and the National Park Service to prioritize and budget tasks for the Multi-Year Plan.
- Provide support to the Facilities Maintenance Division for facility projects that require NPS approval and oversight.
- Stay current with product and manufacturer information in order to ensure that selection meets the desired criteria.
- Responsible for preparing Task Statements with associated deficiencies, as well as Task Completion Reports.
- Responsible for producing a cyclic flooring and paint critical path schedule based on the National Park Service approved Annual Maintenance Plan (AMP)
- Ensure all National Park Service-required NEPA and Section 106 compliance is planned, submitted for approval, and then conducted appropriately.
- Maintain all Engineering project files and related picture documentation and libraries.
- Assist with maintaining the asbestos and lead database to ensure current and accurate information is available to all locations.
- Ensures all product information gets documented and that location Maintenance obtains information on product, formulas, sheens, etc.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of facility room specifications to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for adhering to Xanterra’s Asbestos and Lead program.
- Responsible for adhering to Xanterra’s Ecologix program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
What You Are Looking For
Are you interested in working and living in Yellowstone National Park? Are you drawn to the unique challenges of working in a remote location? Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Must have at least 5 years of construction project management experience, or equivalent, with a strong background in flooring and painting technologies.
- Must have a good working knowledge of construction and maintenance operations, equipment and facilities.
- Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) preferred.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Must be proficient in reading and understanding construction drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of OSHA General Industry (1910) and Construction (1926) safety and health standards.
- Must obtain asbestos contractor supervisor certification.
- Must possess strong time management and multitasking abilities
- Must be able to effectively establish and coordinate working relationships with all Xanterra departments and National Park Service personnel.
- Must be proficient in word, spreadsheet, and database computer programs.
- Must be at least 21 years old and possess a current, valid, driver’s license with a good driving record for the past 3 years.
- Must be able to read, understand, interpret and comply with all Xanterra’s company policies and procedures.
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.