- Responsible for oversight of computers and related peripheral equipment in the computer room and throughout the entire property including POS Hardware.
- Oversees maintenance of records and logs associated with computer processes.
- Coordinates training of new IT technicians where required.
- Helps to ensure integrity of programs, files and databases by overseeing other IT technicians in the use of utility programs, comprehensive backup procedures, documentation and logging maintenance.
- Can be assigned to act as the Technical Advisor on Duty in the absence of the Regional Director of IT and the Assistant Director of IT.
- Participates in the on-call duty rotation for afterhours support.
- Assists other IT technicians with decisions on proper “corrective-action” procedures during problem situations.
- Works with software and hardware support personnel towards the resolution of problems.
- Install and maintain personal computers and software as requested.
- Works in conjunction with the Regional Director of IT and the Assistant Director of IT to maintain and troubleshoot network systems.
- Assists the Regional Director of IT and Assistant Director of IT in the day-to-day operation of the computer facility.
- Develop and modify reports using a variety of report writer programs used throughout the property if deemed necessary by senior management.
- Assists with coverage of the helpdesk (if one exists at their property) when needed by the department.
- Position may be required to serve in an on-call capacity for after-hours/non-business hours support if it is determined this is needed by the Chief Information Officer or Regional/Property Controller or Regional Director of IT.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May need to assist in hardware maintenance on other application servers, arrays, SAN, and other equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Functions and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge – Provides knowledge on Information Technology, project management and administrative responsibilities needed to successfully support the assigned location(s).
- Leadership – Serves as supportive leader for the department and the organization as a whole on areas concerning technologies and other spheres of influence.
- Analytical Skills – Demonstrates strong analytical skills including the ability to plan complex system-related projects.
- Technical Skills – Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and desktop software is required.
- Security Knowledge – Knowledge of IT security compliance requirements.
- Documentation Toolset Skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products is required.
- Applications Experience – Experience with the following technologies is preferred: Mi9/Raymark Retail Systems, and Aloha Food & Beverage Systems, surveillance systems, PBX/Telephone Systems and TV/Cable Systems. In addition, knowledge of hardware and computer equipment is also required.