- Three years supervisory or lead cook experience in a high volume ala carte dining or institutional establishment with progressive cooking/menu development.
- Ability to train kitchen positions in all areas of operation, from ala carte preparation/presentation to batch cooking to prep work to entry level kitchen positions; with a goal of advancing staff within the kitchen.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills particularly in regards to training employees.
- Proven interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with F&B Managers, plus front of house personnel and guests.
- Experience in menu development, food production records, scheduling employees and inventory/cost controls.
- Ability to pass ServeSafe food sanitation course and train staff on the program.
- Ability to use computerized food ordering system, and experience with Word and Excel software as well as FoodTrak inventory software.
- Ability to quickly assess productivity levels of the cook line, dish area and pantry personnel during any given meal period.
- Ability to recognize safety hazards, and correct them immediately.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.