- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with all stations and equipment in all department kitchens including batch production, prep, pantry and dish. Usually acquired through at least two years previous cooking experience in a high volume ala carte or batch production setting.
- Knowledge of food sanitation regulations with ability to apply these regulations while on the job.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) skills are desired to effectively communicate with all staff.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic math skills
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement kitchen conditions. (heat, steam, cold, chemicals)
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required food safety courses and certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 40lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 100lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
- Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving our or fatiguing.