- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to receive certificate of completion of the Coconino County Food Handlers Course within thirty (30) days of employment.
- Previous experience as a cook in fast food industry or high volume a la carte dining or institutional cooking experience preferred.
- Basic knife skills.
- Knowledgeable in food service sanitation standards.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) skills are desired to effectively communicate with all staff.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic math skills
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in all inclement weather conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required food safety courses and certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 40lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 100lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
- Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving our or fatiguing.