The Accounting Manager is responsible for the oversight and daily
direction of the location accounting operation. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely reporting of revenue and safeguarding of company monetary assets. The Accounting Manager is also responsible for the supervision of the location accounting employee. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Included among the responsibilities of the Accounting Manager are the following:
• Responsible for ensuring property compliance with Xanterra Internal Control Minimum Standards
(ICMS), with an emphasis on the Cash Controls policy.
• Supervise the location Audit Clerk. This includes training, monitoring performance, evaluating
job performance, and providing guidance.
• Must be cross-trained and able to perform the functions of the location Audit Clerk.
• Work closely with the Controller, Accounts Payable and direct purchasers at the property to
ensure the purchasing and XEP processes are working properly and efficiently.
• Assist the Controller with the annual budget preparation and analysis process.
• Manage the revenue reporting process and provide accurate and timely summaries to the
Property Controller, General Manager, and Department Managers on a daily, weekly and monthly
• Prepares the underlying information each week for preparation of the weekly P&L submitted to
• Manage the document retention program and storage areas to ensure that all records comply
with retention time frames. Includes yearly review of all records and coordination of the
destruction of any that are found to be outside of the record retention time period.
• Ensure credit card submittals are accurately reconciled and submitted for payment on a daily
• Manage the charge and declared tip process to ensure employee are accurately and timely paid
earned tips. Prepare the annual IRS Form 8027 and remit to the corporate office for consolidated
• Responsible for the monthly calculation and recording Sales & Cash, Key Property Operating
Statistics, Postage, Office Supplies, and A&G Comps & Tips journal entries. Prepare other nonrecurring journal entries as assigned.
• Manage the Cash Handling training program for the property and ensure that procedures are in
line with the most currently published ICMS.
• Monitor change requests submitted by money handlers and management/supervisory staff
processed by the location Audit Clerk. Perform function as needed to accommodate the absence
of the location Audit Clerk.
• Manage Petty Cash funds.
• Control and participate in the collection of all vending monies.
• Maintain accuracy and security of safe funds and deposits, including the issuance and retrieval of
individual banks, daily balancing and oversight of deposits to Loomis.
• Manage distributed banks, logs, keys and related functions.
• Perform periodic bank audits as required by the ICMS and report findings to appropriate
• Manage the accounting department office supply expense, while staying within the budget.
• Receive and distribute payroll checks to department managers.
• Provide support concerning payroll, accounting policy guidance, and XEP to department
• Maintain appropriate procedures to guarantee the security of confidential documents and
information in accordance with PCI compliance requirements.
• Communicate with the General Accounting Offices, as well as, other department managers,
providing assistance as needed.
• Prepare ad hoc financial reporting as requested by the Controller.
• Perform various auditing activities as requested by the Controller.
• Assist in physical inventory audits, to include Retail merchandise and Maintenance parts.
• Maintain a professional attitude and appearance in order to provide the best guest and employee
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Controller.
• Accounting degree required.
• Prior management experience strongly preferred.
• Previous computer experience with a working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook & Excel).
• Previous accounting experience strongly preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
• Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
• Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
• Work safely to ensure company equipment and funds are secure.
• Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
• Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
As a Xanterra employee, you have a responsibility to protect the environment. While on duty, you are to comply with all environmental regulations and policies, prevent pollution of the environment, reduce waste