- Obtain Incident Safety Officer (ISO) Certification within two years of hire.
- ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800 must be completed within six months of hire.
- HazMat First Responder, and Operations certification desired.
- Wildland (S-130/S-190) preferred, or complete within one year of hire.
- Must possess a valid National Registry EMT Certification.
- Must possess Arizona State Structural Firefighter I &II or equivalent IFSAC or ProBoard Certifications
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License and comply with the Xanterra South Rim Company Vehicle Policy.
- Must be at least twenty-one years of age at time of hire.
- Ability to meet all medical and physical agility requirements for firefighters in accordance with the National Fire Protection Association Standard 1001.
- Excellent written, verbal, and problem solving skills; plus ability to interact effectively with guests, employees and other designated officials.
- Ability to calmly deal with medical, fire, or safety situations.
- Working knowledge of radio communications.
Firefighters must be a US citizen or legal resident, have no felony convictions, have no theft or drug convictions within the past five years, and have no convictions involving fraud, weapons, sexual assault or other violent crimes.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.