- Responsible for the fabrication of small in-house furniture projects such as dining room tray jacks, guest unit luggage racks, and picture frames.
- Responsible for assisting the Sign Maker with the production of routed wooden signs, plastic signs, desk plates, employee award/recognition plaques and the fabrication of picture frames.
- Responsible for the repair and refinishing of furniture used in the concession operation, and completing all furniture renovation projects as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining an adequate supply of furniture renovation and picture framing supplies on hand for immediate use.
- Responsible for the fabrication of specialty cabinetry; including but not limited to recycle cabinets, bus stands, gift shop displays and food and beverage condiment stands.
- Responsible for assisting with the physical movement of furniture, fixtures, and equipment as required. Based on staffing and outside help available may be asked to help with project furniture moves or other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, well-organized work area.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficient in the use of woodworking tools (i.e., table saws, drills, circular saws, routers, sanders and miscellaneous hand tools).
- Proficient in the use of commercial spraying equipment.
- Proficient in the fabrication of wooden signs and picture frames.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks to assure quality finished products in a timely manner.
- Must have journeyman level (minimum of 5 years) experiences as a Furniture Refinisher.
- Must be capable of lifting objects weight up to 70 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to push, pull and carry objects into and out of buildings as well as up and down stairs. Must possess the physical stamina for moving furniture and mattresses over the course of a work day.