- Previous supervisory experience in security work preferably in a hospitality or industrial setting
- Arizona State Structural Firefighter I/II (or state equivalent), HazMat First Responder, and EMS (EMT-B). Ability to meet all medical and physical agility requirements for firefighters in accordance with the National Fire Protection Association Standard 1001.
- Wildland (S-130/S-190) preferred, or complete within one year of hire.
- State Firefighter I Instructor/Evaluator, Fire Officer I [or equivalent Officer Class]. Certifications should be obtained within one year of promotion to Captain..
- ICS 100, 200, 700 must be completed within six months of hire.
- Obtain Incident Safety Officer (ISO) Certification within two years of hire.
- Successfully complete Engineer/Operator certification within eighteen months of hire.
- Experience in operating and maintaining firefighting apparatus, including operating and maintaining all necessary truck accessories (pumps, error codes/scanning, fire hardware, foam equipment, etc.).
- Proven ability to train new employees in detailed procedures regarding security or firefighting.
- Experience with NFPA and OSHA fire-related regulations.
- Excellent written communication skills as they relate to writing reports and ability to train staff in proper report writing.
- Strong experience in computers, including report software, patrol logging systems, payroll tracking, word processing, spreadsheets, email, document archiving/scanning, digital photography (and downloading).Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to conduct effective radio communications.
- Willingness to work any of the three shifts when required.
- Working knowledge of fire and security alarms, associated equipment, and troubleshooting.
- Possess or obtain valid Arizona Driver’s License and comply with the Xanterra South Rim Company Vehicle Policy.
F&S Employees must be a US citizen or legal resident, have no felony convictions, have no theft or drug convictions within the past five years, and have no convictions involving fraud, weapons, sexual assault or other violent crimes.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.