Help us create a welcoming atmosphere for our internal guests - providing hot, nutritious meals in a cafeteria-style setting. This position is a seasonal postion based out of Mammoth Hot Springs. Company housing will be provided.
1. Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
2. Assist the Parkwide Manager, Cafeteria and Employee Dining Room Culinary Operations to recruit, hire, train, mentor and support location EDR Managers.
3. Document, train, update and support the operational systems of food and service in all Employee Dining Rooms.
4. Assist in the development of the winter and two summer menu cycles, recipes, guides, manuals and production record/par sheets to support the EDR.
5. Further develop existing training programs, manuals, training timetables, outlines, photo displays and internal quality inspection forms relative to the EDR.
6. Work in conjunction with the PW Manager of Cafeteria and Employee Dining Room Culinary Operations and the Assistant Director, Purchasing & Field Warehouse Operations to facilitate the smooth opening of the EDR's with respect to food, equipment and supply needs necessary to ensure an efficient parkwide EDR program.
7. Assist in the support of all EDRs during Pre- and Post-Season operations; monitoring supplies food quality, sanitation, labor and completing payroll as assigned.
8. Assist in the execution of specified banquet and catering functions as required.
9. Participate as a trainer during the opening process, as well as during the Food & Beverage Management Training Seminar.
10. Work through Food & Beverage Managers, as well as Chefs, to ensure safe and sanitary work conditions and the highest quality of food service possible for guests as well as efficient service.
11. Maintain consistent contact with EDR Managers, Food and Beverage Managers and Chefs through on-site visits, regular park-wide meetings and phone tours.
12. React promptly to any needed recipe changes, product changes, and system changes that could negatively affect employee service or morale.
13. Facilitate the smooth execution of all special menu theme days throughout the park.
14. Continue to work with the Food and Beverage Support Department to upgrade the entire dining experience of our guests who eat in the Employee Dining Room.
15. Work with EDR Managers to ensure accurate meal credit is being received and proper procedures are followed.
16. Follow Company and departmental environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
17. Follow Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risk to self and others. Will be a member of the Parkwide Safety Committee.
18. Follow Company and departmental policies and procedures.
19. While all essential functions and duties cannot be possibly listed on a job description, each employee is expected to be flexible and accept additional and/or different duties as assigned at any time as directed by management. Duties listed above are not restricted to the only duties expected to be performed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Ability to teach, motivate and develop.
2. Ability to communicate in a positive, effective manner.
3. Ability to organize, prioritize and follow-up.
4. Ability to problem solve, select a course of action and follow-up.
5. Ability to work cooperatively within the department and within the Company.
6. Working knowledge of food and basic cooking principles are a minimum requirement.
7. Knowledge of high volume food service including menu planning helpful.
8. Working knowledge of all BOH positions supervised.
9. Working knowledge of all equipment used within the BOH operation.
10. Knowledge of Park food operations helpful.
11. Knowledge of sanitation standards. Will be involved in further development of department Sanitation SOPs.
12. Knowledge of training methods.
13. Knowledge of policies and procedures used within the department and Company helpful.
14. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Kronos and FoodTrak software helpful.
15. In-park travel and overnight stays required.
16. Certification in the ServeSafe food-handling program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified.
1. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
2. Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
3. Must be able to sit for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
4. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
5. Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
6. Must be able to work in differing environments; i.e., cold freezers, hot prep areas, outside areas.
7. Must be able to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
• To direct and develop Employee Dining Room Managers, EDR Leads and front line employees toward providing excellent guest service.