1. Perform all duties with the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
2. Participate in the recruiting and hiring of Food and Beverage Managers, Assistant Food and Beverage Managers, Cafeteria Managers, and Shift Leads for the operations supported.
3. Train, support, motivate and develop Management teams for Canyon Lodge, Lake Lodge, Old Faithful Lodge, and Grant Village Lake House. Assist in the development and implementation of training programs for all cafeteria operations.
4. Assist in the development and implementation of a two-week management-training program each spring and participate as a trainer during the opening process.
5. Assist in the opening of ala Carte operations and fast food operations as needed and assist with the production of special functions throughout the park.
6. Provide necessary support to successfully implement and maintain menu concepts for the Lake House and cafeteria operations. Including the development of specs, product selection, equipment selection, facility design, staffing, cash handling systems and the creation of manuals and training materials to support theses functions. Aiding in the development of recipes, manuals and par sheets for operations supported.
7. Respond to and document needed operational changes, recipe changes, product changes and system changes that will positively affect guest service, corporate profit, and/or employee morale.
8. Establish, communicate and follow-up on standards and expectations within supported operations.
9. React to fluctuations of food cost and payroll in assigned operations.
10. Develop and implement systems toward increasing revenues and controlling costs.
11. Communicate with Food and Beverage Mangers, Restaurant Chefs and Location Managers to address staffing, standards and other issues within their operation.
12. Help maintain all office files and training pieces relative to all cafeteria operations including the further development of existing training manuals, training programs, training timetables, outlines, photo guides and internal quality inspection forms.
13. Take all necessary steps to ensure adequate management coverage for each operation.
14. Provide documentation on all operational aspects specific for each operation
15. Maintain consistent contact with Management and Supervisory positions through on-site visits, and regularly scheduled park-wide meetings.
16. Follow Company and departmental environmental practice to minimize wasted energy and resources.
17. Follow Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
18. Follow Company and departmental policies and procedures.
19. While all essential functions and duties cannot be possibly listed on a job description, each employee is expected to be flexible and accept additional and/or different duties as assigned at any time as directed by management. Duties listed above are not restricted to the only duties expected to be performed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Food Service Management degree helpful. A minimum of two years kitchen/operational management experience required.
2. Ability to teach, motivate and develop, management, supervisory and hourly staff positions
3. Ability to communicate in a positive, effective manner.
4. Ability to organize, prioritize and follow-up.
5. Ability to problem solve, select a course of action and follow-up.
6. Ability to work cooperatively within the department and Company.
7. Working knowledge of food and general cooking principles required.
8. Working knowledge of positions supervised required.
9. Working knowledge of all equipment used within the operation required.
10. Knowledge of Park food operations helpful.
11. Knowledge of sanitation standards required.
12. Knowledge of training methods helpful.
13. Knowledge of policies and procedures used within the department and Company helpful.
14. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software helpful.
15. In-park travel and overnight stays required.
16. Certification in the TIPS alcohol awareness program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified. If candidate fails to pass this course and exam, a second opportunity will be provided; if still not successful, candidate will be placed in a position that does not require TIPS certification.
17. Must be ServSafe Manager Certified; workshops will be provided to attain this certification. If candidate fails to pass this course and exam, a second opportunity will be provided; if still not successful, candidate will be placed in a non-management position.
1. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
2. Must be able to walk for extended periods of time.
3. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
4. Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
5. Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
6. Must be able to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Supervise and direct the cafeteria Management Positions and front line employees providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
• Work with all members of the F&B Support Staff to respond immediately to any operational or guest service issues.