- Reports to the Parkwide Painter.
- Responsible for assisting with the planning, scheduling and implementing the workload, materials procurement and equipment for interior and exterior painting tasks parkwide.
- Assist with drafting Task Statements for review, ensuring correct paint specifications are in place, Condition Assessment deficiencies are implemented, and that any required lead testing is performed and documented.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and security of all assigned equipment and tools.
- Responsible for ensuring quality and professional work.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and complying with all current related codes and regulations.
- Assist with coordination of tasks with Engineering, parkwide trade personnel, location management, and location maintenance managers.
- Responsible for adhering to Xanterra’s Ecologix program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year professional painter experience or equivalent.
- Proficient in the operation and safe use of all painting equipment common to the trade.
- Ability to efficiently schedule tasks to ensure timely arrival of materials and equipment and effective use of personnel.
- Knowledgeable about historic structures and the various coatings and historic fabric repairs.
- Must have competent-person training in scaffolding, or able to achieve this designation, and general knowledge of OSHA Fall Protection, Lead and Asbestos programs.
- Must possess a current, valid, driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and comply with all Xanterra’s company policies and procedures.
- This position will require the use of respiratory protection and will require compliance with applicable regulations, including a clean-shaven face and to be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
- Must be capable of lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess physical stamina to withstand heavy labor related to work in an outside environment.
- Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand, bend, kneel, and crawl for extended periods of time as required.