The Guest Service Manager has responsibility for all aspects of the Front Office operation. Coordinates front office activities and staff to ensure a positive guest experience. Provides information to guests and staff in a courteous, enthusiastic, and efficient manner. Makes knowledgeable and informed decisions to ensure a smooth operation. Gives personal best in service.
This position includes free room and board in company housing.
1. Reports to the Lodging Administration Team in all areas of lodging systems, policies and procedures.
2. Reports to the Lodging Administration Team in scheduling, staffing and budgetary areas.
3. Schedules Guest Service Associates and Bell Staff (if available) to ensure proper coverage of necessary functions.
4. Reports to the on site Location Manager in areas relating to dorm living, off duty activities and immediate customer service needs.
5. Perform all job duties toward the goal of maximizing guest service while simultaneously maximizing profit.
6. Manages (plans, directs, supervises, evaluates, rewards, and disciplines) all tasks performed by front office personnel including labor.
7. Approves daily time in KRONOS for all team members.
8. Trains and supervises front office and bell staff personnel. Knows all related job functions of both, inclusive of tour/transportation information.
9. Balances guest and deposit ledgers daily in Opera PMS.
10. Keeps open lines of communication with other departments to ensure coordination and synergy of hotel activities.
11. Responsible for daily room blocking and ensures that guest requests are handled efficiently to the best of ability.
12. Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies, services and reservations for rooms, tour/transportation needs and outside activities.
13. Greets VIP guests and keeps property management informed of all unusual or important happenings.
14. Resolves all guest complaints to the satisfaction of both the guest and GNPL. Works with the Lodging Department on issues of refunds and other compensation.
15. Resolves guest relation problems skillfully with willingness and desire to understand a guest's viewpoint and make any necessary billing adjustments so that the guest is satisfied when they leave.
16. Handles all phases of group tour arrivals to provide a smooth and orderly flow of guests. May include meeting group tour escorts, tour check-in, collecting money and fees, preparing vouchers, and rooming lists.
17. Coordinates bell staff in the dispatching and receiving of all buses leaving or arriving at each location, or assigns responsible Front Office Associate(s). Oversees the loading of baggage and seating of passengers.
18. May transfer funds and be responsible for a cash bank.
19. Is an active member of the Emergency Action Team or designates a member of the bell staff to participate. Counsels bell staff in acting as the secondary eyes and ears of security for the establishment.
20. Must be knowledgeable of Glacier National Park and all of its facilities and activities so that information passed to guests is informative and accurate.
21. Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
22. To ensure each Guest Service Agent is properly trained to deliver efficient, effective service to Park visitors.
23. Continues the development of all Guest Service personnel throughout the season.
24. Enforces policies in the areas of dress, appearance and conduct, established by Xanterra Parks & Resorts.
25. Regulates shift coverage for optimum effectiveness by scheduling staff according to business levels and labor standards.
26. Provides constructive feedback to staff and prepare employee HIG’s and documentation.
27. Motivates staff as necessary.
28. Familiar with emergency fire evacuation and safety procedures as needed and attend meetings where required.
29. Ensures all lost and found policies are strictly enforced.
30. Ensure all PCI Compliance guidelines are trained, followed, and enforced.
31. Completes payroll reports on a daily/weekly basis for all front desk personnel.
32. Ensures that all staff is following the Company’s Ecologix practices.
33. Ensures that the all staff is trained and complies with safety guidelines.
34. Organizes and maintains front office records, paperwork, and equipment in accordance with department policies.
35. Controls the inventory of front office supplies and forms.
36. Provides managers on location with a weekly occupancy forecast to enable them to plan staffing and supply needs for the following week.
37. Attends weekly Staff Meetings on Location when scheduled.
38. Assists other departments as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
39. In addition, the Guest Service Manager's responsibilities include those listed on the Guest Service Associate job description.
40. Participate in Manager on Duty Program as necessary.
1. Human relation skills. Must be a "people-person" who thrives on public contact.
2. Performance management skills.
3. Strong communication skills.
4. Ability to supervise employees.
5. Knowledge of keyboard and printer operation.
6. Knowledge of Opera PMS program.
7. Sales skills.
8. Accounting skills.
9. Ability to deal with guests when they are angry or upset.
10. Ability to work quickly and thoroughly when under pressure.
11. Knowledge of park facilities, activities, and features.
12. Must be flexible and open to changes in procedures.
13. Ability to effectively handle multiple situations.
14. Strong organizational and administrative skills.
15. Technical knowledge of Front Office operations.
16. Must possess good organizational skills.
17. Previous front desk experience preferred.
18. Some knowledge of general bookkeeping required.
19. Knowledge of common office machines, i.e., computers, typewriters, calculators, cash registers, etc. required.
20. Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
21. Must be able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
22. Must be team-oriented.
23. Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
1. Able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds.
2. Standing for up to eight hours per shift.
3. Requires bending, stretching and reaching throughout a shift.
4. Working with required chemicals.