- Minimum three years Kitchen Steward experience or two years’ experience in Lead Cook or Front of House supervisory position.
- Successfully completed Serve Safe sanitation program.
- Ability to train entry level employees in proper, safe and efficient use of kitchen equipment.
- Ability to supervise cleaning crews in multiple locations with concerns to productivity and labor cost controls. Address performance issues as needed.
- Good written, verbal and analytical problem solving skills, plus basic accounting skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of dish machines, pot machines, jet sprayers and other kitchen equipment as well as the ability to conduct minor maintenance on such equipment.
- Ability to understand, apply and stay current with sanitation standards and codes in kitchen areas.
- Ability to understand and apply SDS to kitchen operations, and ensure safe use of all cleaning compounds used in kitchen facilities.
- Possess or obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and comply with Xanterra South Rim Company Vehicle Policy.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY visit www.grandcanyonlodges.com/careers.
Find us on Facebook and Twitter at Grand Canyon Jobs