Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- This position is responsible for maintaining all required records for our certified welders.
This position is responsible for certifying products produced by machinists and welders.
Design parts utilizing previous drawings and/ or existing parts as well as knowledge of drafting, material specifications, equipment tolerances, and fabrication procedures.
Supervise the tool room, working with the Purchasing Department to maintain necessary stockpiles of consumables while procuring products in an efficient and cost effective manner. Monitor product consumption and make recommendations for reduced waste and improved efficiency.
Supervise the custodial staff and oversee the general condition of the facility.
Assist the Environmental and Risk Departments with technical consultation and project development as needed.
Assist the Facilities Department with project development as needed.
Provide technical assistance to the Locomotive and Car Shop Departments as needed.
This position is responsible for the training and development of apprentices.
This person will put a high priority on product quality, reliability, Safety, and Environmental concerns and operate within Grand Canyon Railway/Xanterra rules and guidelines.
Comply, enforce and follow up on Company Environmental program to ensure proper disposal of hazardous materials, recycle program and education of staff.
Work with Locomotive and Car Shop Managers to supervise the inspection, maintenance and repair of railcars and locomotives in a safe and efficient manner.
Work with Locomotive and Car Shop Managers to schedule repairs for equipment and machinery to ensure equipment maintains optimum reliability.
Prepares and conduct job safety briefings with the employees.
Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of the Machine/Welding Shop employees.
Available to work scheduled days, and be available on call during the evenings, weekends and holidays as call-outs occur.
Provides oversight of department operations including testing, installation and quality control.
Create work orders and requisitions in the INFOR System.
Assemble bids, bid analyses and make recommendations for capital projects, and project cost estimates, budget planning, and manpower requirements.
- Administrative duties include daily approving and review of employees through Kronos.
- Compose annual evaluations of hourly personnel and counsel with Chief Mechanical Officer as needed. Complete in a timely manner.
- Administer corrective action as necessary and counsel with Chief Mechanical Officer on corrective action for all hourly employees in his/ her area of responsibility as needed.
- Involved in the selection of applicants for vacancies in his/her area of responsibility
- Successfully completes, complies with, and enforces all FRA required protection programs and education of staff as needed.
- Must be able to operate lathes, milling machines, and other standard shop equipment to produce or repair parts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.