Yellowstone National Park Lodges serves approximately 4 million visitors yearly, 2100 guest rooms and 1200 campsites. Successful candidates will take pride in their opportunity to work in Yellowstone National Park and promote Xanterra’s sustainability initiatives so future generations can also enjoy Yellowstone. They will be drawn to the daily unique challenges of working in a remote location, living and working with a diverse staff, and be willing to offer Legendary Hospitality to our visitors. Best of all this position offers free housing and meals in Yellowstone National Park.
- Assist in the development and training of department staff as needed.
- Promote the development of Sales Agents by monitoring, reviewing, and offering constructive feedback regarding job performance, in an effort to facilitate exceptional guest service.
- Coach seasonal staff when necessary, documenting file where appropriate.
- Support Sales Agents in their efforts to achieve our team booking goals.
- Conduct team meetings on a regular basis, when possible. Utilize the department communication board when necessary to disseminate information to the staff.
- Resolve guest and employee problems when possible, communicating these issues to the Manager and/or forwarding these calls/issues to the Manager of Individual Reservations when necessary.
- Resolve booking problems for front desks, activity desks, and campground desks when required.
- Monitor the GNAV ACD to properly control reservation call load and flow.
- Develop and continue to enhance knowledge of Yellowstone facilities and services and the surrounding park.
- Ensure that daily and monthly reports are completed and confirmations are reviewed and mailed in a timely manner.
- Provide back-up assistance to the Reservations’ staff during peak times, answering guest calls in the phone queue.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintains safe facilities; completes required NPS/Corporate safety programs and inspections. Provides necessary review; accident investigation, and follow up. Aware of the company “Ecologix” program and is conscientious of own actions in improving the environment.
PERFORMANCE SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Converse clearly and coherently in English
- Converse with guests and co-workers in a professional manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively operate the following Xanterra systems: AS400 booking system, Kronos payroll system, ACD phone system, GNAV
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to sit for long periods of time – 60% of workday
- Ability to work 40+ hours/week when necessary – 25% of workday
- Ability to work in a higher altitude environment – 100% of workday
- Ability to climbs stairs to reach Reservations’ department – 5% of workday
- To enforce company and Reservations department standards and policies.
- To recommend changes in department policies and procedures to the department manager.
- To recommend changes in training programs to ensure departmental service goals are met.
- To overbook as needed to assure guest satisfaction.